Saturday 7 July 2012

Remember..the camera adds ten pounds

Slimming world here I come


I loved every minute of last weeks run, and I put the pictures up on facebook and on this blog with pride, however, I was HORRIFIED to see how I looked in the pictures.

Now I know what you are going to say, I only gave birth in February, I am doing really well to be running like I am, only movie stars lose all their baby weight straight away and then its because they have personal trainers etc etc etc and your right, and yet I still feel unhappy with myself. This time last year I was vomiting in a bucket (the joy of pregnancy) but I was a size ten and two and a half stone lighter then I am now.  I naively thought that once I started training the weight would fall off, and initially I was right. I lost ten pounds almost straight away but in the last month I have lost nothing, this despite the fact that I am now running over twenty miles a week, plus two swimming sessions. I am a doctor, so I understand that weight loss is all about calories in versus calories out, and I need to take responsibility. If I am burning over three thousand calories a week running (one delight about being so heavy, those calories clock up fast on a run), then in order to not loose any weight I must be putting too much in, simple as. I am not going to be one of those people who makes up a long list of reasons/people to blame for being overweight and not being able to shift it (although I hasten to add that as a doctor I know that some people have legitimate medical reasons or family commitments that make that the case, I am just not one of them unfortunately).

Therefore on Thursday I plucked up my courage and walked the 100 yards to the church at the bottom of the road to join my local slimming club. I was given a very nice welcome, and get this, they reward you for exercise, so I should get some awards next week!!! I have all the books, the shopping has been done, meals planned and I am feeling inspired. I am a practical women, I am not expecting any big differences in the photos for the 5K challenge, but I would like to think that it will be noticeable by the 10k in September. I know it will be tough, but as you may have guessed, I like a challenge!

Wish me luck and once again don't forget you can follow us on facebook and on our fund raising page.

www.facebook.com/TeamLittleLegs

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RachelMarsden1

No comments:

Post a Comment