Saturday 1 September 2012

Meet Team Little Legs: Focus on Rachel

Meet the Matriarch of Team Little Legs





Name: Rachel Marsden a.k.a Mummy and Marsden's bint.

Star Sign: Sagittarius. apparently sagitarians are optimistic, freedom loving, jovial, good humoured, honest, straightforward, intellectual and philosophical. I will let the jury decide how accurate that is!

Favourite Colour: Blue, must be all those Wednesday matches I went to as a kid.

Favourite Animal: Its a close run thing. I love Giraffes, Tigers and Hippos passionately but in the end I think Hippos just win it out. Perhaps its because I feel I can relate, large but capable of being very fast, appears docile but likely to bite your head off and leathery from spending too much time in the sun.

What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor  Why? I've started so I'll finish.

If you were to win an Olympic medal, what sport would it be in? I'd fancy my chances at rowing actually. I'm tall and I have really big shoulders and arms so I reckon I could do alright.

If you were a cartoon character, who would you be? Velma Dinkley, without a doubt. Smart, bit mousy, likes a challenge, but you just know that underneath that turtle neck sweater theres a right little go-er!!!

 



If you had a million pounds how would you spend it? I would buy a house and take my whole family on a nice holiday. I would also give money to charity, Tommy's,  NSPCC, Alzheimer's Society and the British Heart Foundation are all causes really close to my heart.

If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be? Can I have a man and  a woman? A woman it would be my Nan-Nan Price. She has Alzheimer's, and is still with us, but she is very end stage now. I would love to go back to before she was sick and tell her about me being a doctor, introduce her to my children, especially Emily. I find it so sad that she doesn't know them. Man, it would have to be my Grandad Hutchinson, he died when I was a little older that Evie and prior to that he had Alzheimer's as well, so I feel like I never got to know him. I have a wonderful relationship with my Grandad Price so I feel I have missed out.

What superhero powers would you most like to have? Mind reading, but I would have to be able to turn it on and off at will. There are some situations where I would not like to know what some people are thinking.

What do you enjoy most about the runs? I have loved doing it with the girls and I am so proud of them. Its been so nice doing it as part of a team and I am sad because this is the last run Evie will be involved in, unless we find another short run for her to do in the spring.

Why do you think its important that we do our runs and raise money for Tommy's? I want to do something positive in memory of Quinn and his parents strength has been such an inspiration. Also I have selfish reasons too. Tommy's want to halve the number of babies lost during pregnancy or at birth by 2030. In 2030 my girls will be 29, 24 and 18, all childbearing age, not to mention my five nieces, who will also be in their childbearing years. If raising money now helps save them from losing a special little one, then that's the icing on the cake.

Rachel will be taking part in the Great Yorkshire Run on Sunday 2nd September. Please support her and the rest of Team Little Legs in our quest to raise much needed funds for Tommy's. You can do this at all the usual places, and Rachel, your the oldest, so that's why you have to do 10k!

www.facebook.com/TeamLittleLegs

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RachelMarsden1

No comments:

Post a Comment